Youth Career Services Program Information
Table of Contents
• Welcome to YCS365
• What is Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program
• Why would youth be interested in participating in YCS365?
• Who Can Participate in YCS365?
• Participation Requirements
• Operation Dates
• Application Process
• YCS365 Application
• Source Documents
• Terms and Conditions
• Work Permit Application Process
• YCS365 Office & Contact Information
Since its inception in 1999, Montgomery County Business Services' YouthWorks Program has provided Summer employment for in-school youth ages 14-18, who reside in Montgomery County.
When YouthWorks was first implemented, it served 25 youth participants. Since that time, the annual program has grown and served over 2,300 youth in partnership with over 500 businesses. In 2016, the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP) was launched. This program serves TANF & WIOA youth ages 16-24. In 2017, the Ohio State law was amended, creating a new CCMEP eligibility for youth ages 14-24.
As a result, Montgomery County YouthWorks Summer Employment Program is now Youth Career Services 365 (YCS365), a Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP). In addition, Median and Above Income Youth are encouraged to apply as limited additional funding has been made available.
CCMEP is a Title IV-A program and workforce development activity that provides employment, training services and supportive services to mandatory and voluntary program participants. These services are based upon a comprehensive assessment of an individual participant's employment and training needs.
CCMEP is not an entitlement program.
To learn more about CCMEP, visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/OWD/CCMEP/INDEX.STM
The YCS 365 program allows youth to improve life skills management, increases job readiness skills, and provides work experience opportunities. Through this program, youth will have the opportunity to participate in up to four work experience sessions based on their individual schedule/availability during the year (Summer Session, Fall Session, and Winter Session).
Note: Participation in the Summer Session is required by all YCS365 participants
Youth that meet both Program/Service Eligibility Criteria:
- Eligible youth ages 14 to 18 who reside in Montgomery County
- Low-income, in-school youth considered to have a barrier to employment and registered for a WIOA program
- Note: Median and Above Income Youth are encouraged to apply as limited additional funding has been made available
- Complete Comprehensive Assessment Tool (JFS 03006)
- Submit current state standardized test scores or complete TABE Basic Skills Assessment
- Participate in the development of an Individual Opportunity Plan (JFS 03004)
*Not all who apply will be accepted to participate in the program.
To participate, each youth must:
- Complete all documents outlined in the Application Process and submit as indicated
- All required documents must be received in Youth Career Services within 3 business days of application.
- Submit current state standardized test score reports or complete the TABE basic skills assessment (within last 6 months)
- Attend Assessment Appointment(s) and complete all service documents
- Submit current Work Permit Application prior to start of work session (if required)
- Attend ALL mandatory trainings and events
- Comply with all Montgomery County Youth Career Services Terms & Conditions
Youth Resource Center
1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
Dayton, OH 45417
Tuesday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.