Youth Career Services Program Information
Student registration for the 2018 Summer YouthWorks Program is now closed. If you have any questions, please call our offices at 937-224-1482.
Table of Contents
- Who Can Participate in YCS365?
- Participation Requirements
- How to Apply?
- YouthWorks Application
- Source Documents
- Work Experience Frequency
- Terms and Conditions
- Work Permit Application Process
Welcome to the YouthWorks YCS365 Process. Deadline May 31st, 2018
Since its inception in 1999, Montgomery County Development Services’ YouthWorks Program has provided Summer employment for in-school youth ages 14-18, who reside in Montgomery County.
When YouthWorks was first implemented, it served 25 youth participants. Since that time, the program has served over 2,300 youth in partnership with over 500 businesses. In 2016, the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP) was launched. This program serves TANF & WIOA youth ages 16-24. In 2017, the Ohio State law was amended, creating a new CCMEP eligibility for youth ages 14-24.
As a result, Montgomery County YouthWorks Summer Employment Program is transitioning to Youth Career Services 365 (YCS365), a Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP).
All required documents must be received in Youth Career Services within 3 business days of application.
What is Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP)?
CCMEP is a Title IV-A program and workforce development activity that provides employment, training services and supportive services to mandatory and voluntary program participants. These services are based upon a comprehensive assessment of an individual participant’s employment and training needs.
*CCMEP is not an entitlement program.
To learn more about CCMEP, visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/OWD/CCMEP/INDEX.STM
Who can participate in YCS365?
Youth that meet both Program/Service Eligibility Criteria:
- Program Criteria
- Eligible youth ages 14 to 18 who reside in Montgomery County
- Low-income, in-school youth considered to have a barrier to employment and registered for a WIOA program
- Note: Median and Above Income Youth are encouraged to apply as limited additional funding has been made available
- Service Criteria
- Complete Comprehensive Assessment Tool (JFS 03006)
- Submit current state standardized test scores or complete TABE Basic Skills Assessment
- Participate in the development of an Individual Opportunity Plan (JFS 03004)
*Not all that apply will be accepted to participate in the program.
- All required documents must be received in Youth Career Services within 3 business days of application.
- Complete all documents outlined in the Application Process and submit as indicated
- Submit current state standardized test score reports or complete the TABE basic skills assessment (within last 6 months)
- Attend Assessment Appointment(s) and complete all Service Eligibility documents
- Submit current Work Permit Application prior to start of work session (if required)
- Attend ALL mandatory trainings and events
- Comply with all Montgomery County Youth Career Services Terms & Conditions
Why would youth be interested?
The YouthWorks program allows youth to improve life skills management, increases job readiness skills, and provides work experience opportunities. Through this program, youth will have the opportunity to participate in up to four work experience sessions based on their individual schedule/availability during the year (Summer session, Fall session, Winter session, Spring session).
Note: Participation in the Summer session is required by all YCS365 participants
Where are we located and when is the office open?
The YouthWorks program is operated through OhioMeansJobs I Montgomery County Youth Career Services for the occupational skills enrichment and application. Work Experience opportunities will occur in various locations throughout Montgomery County. We can be reached by phone at 937-224-1482 or by email at YCS365@mcohio.org or by walking into our offices at 1111 So. Edwin C. Moses Blvd., Suite 1171. Walk-in hours for Application Assistance or for those having issues completing the application are as follows:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Review the Operation Dates.
- Review the Application Process Information.
- Complete and submit the Source Documents outlined in the Application Process.
- Review the Work Experience Frequency and submit the document.
- Complete the Terms and Conditions and submit.
- A work permit is required for all participants age 14-17.