Work Permit Application Process
Anyone wishing to participate Youth Career Services 365 must have a work permit on or BEFORE the first day of work.
Step 1: Download the work permit application at the link below.
Step 2: Complete the Student/Applicant section on the first page through the parent signature section. Be sure to leave the “proof of age” section blank. Your school staff will complete this section.
Step 3: Have your physician complete the second page of the application, prior to your placement appointment.
Step 4: YCS 365 office will complete the Pledge of Employer section during your placement appointment.
Step 5: Take the completed application to your high school/school board to get the actual Age and Schooling Certificate. The information must be entered into a state-wide database. The school district will determine who is representative for their respective district.
Step 6: Bring issued Age and Schooling Certificate to the YCS365 office PRIOR to first day of employment.
• Fees - Some schools/districts may charge a fee to complete the Age and Schooling Certificate.
• Process Time - Many schools require 24-48 hours to complete the certificate. Please allow time for this process.
• Work permits are not transferable. They are job specific. If you get a different job in YCS 365, you must obtain a new work permit.
• Charter Schools may or may not have access to the data bases to print off the necessary certificate. Check with your school for instructions.
• Middle School students may need to go to your district high school or board office to get the Age and Schooling Certificate after you have someone from your school complete the proof of age section on the front of the application.