Transferrable Skills Employers Look For
- Communication - ability to communicate orally, in writing or via electronic means in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Teamwork - being a constructive team member, contributing practically to the success of the team.
- Leadership - being able to motivate and encourage others, while taking the lead.
- Initiative - ability to see opportunities, to set and achieve goals.
- Problem Solving - thinking things through in a logical way in order to determine key issues. Creative thinking is useful also.
- Flexibility/Adaptability - ability to handle change and adapt to new situations.
- Self-Awareness - knowing your strengths and skills and having the confidence to put these across.
- Commitment/Motivation - having energy and enthusiasm in pursuing projects.
- Interpersonal Skills - ability to relate well to others and to establish good working relationships.
- Numeracy - competence and understanding of numerical data, statistics and graphs.
Click here to learn more about transferable skills.