The COVID-19 crisis has left workers and businesses with a lot of unknowns. We are here to help. This page is meant to give you a quick list of the options available to Montgomery County residents to help with jobs and unemployment benefits, as well as resources for local businesses. We will continue to add information to this page as it becomes available.
- Please see the list of information you'll need to apply for unemployment benefts.
- In response to this pandemic, the state is no longer requiring people to seek work while receiving unemployment, nor is there a mandatory one-week waiting period
- Please be patient, as the number of claims has gone up dramatically after the orders to shut down nonessential businesses. The State of Ohio's Unemployment Office is working hard to process applications as quickly as possible.
Don't have internet access?
- File for unemployment by phone at (877) 644-6562
TTY available at (614) 387-8408
- The computers inside the red door at The Job Center are closed to the public.
- Wireless internet is available in the parking lot outside the red "Job Services" door at The Job Center. Use your own device to access the "JFS_Public" network, and you can apply for unemployment or visit the State of Ohio's benefits portal for food assistance, Medicaid, or cash assistance.
- Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is providing use of their computers for unemployment applications
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
660 S. Main St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
(Please be sure to bring all necessary documents (click here for a list) and, if you have an account with unemployment.ohio.gov, be sure you know your PIN before arriving to Goodwill Easter Seals.)
- View locally posted jobs on OhioMeansJobs.
- Call Job Services at (937) 225-5627 to speak with a Workforce Specialist
- Companies currently hiring (click links to apply):
- Premier ProduceOne (warehouse packaging associates)
- Meijer Distribution
- ALDI stores and Springfield warehouse
- Clean Water Environmental
- VRI Emergency Response Systems
- Dollar General
- Agrana Fruit
- BrightStar Care
- ElectriPack - Click here to call Emily Roellig (937) 433-2602, ext. 207
- FHI (Tipp City - distribution)
Is your company hiring? Email Stephen Offord at email@example.com to get your company listed here.
SBA's Paycheck Protection Program - up to eight weeks of payroll through forgiveable loans
UPDATE: On April 27, 2020, the Small Business Administration announced additional funding. Contact your financial institution to apply.
Apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan from the U.S. Small Business Administration
UPDATE: On April 15, 2020, the SBA announced funds for the EIDL program have been exhausted.