Transferable Skills Employers Look For
Click here to learn more about transferable skills.
- Communication – ability to communicate orally, in writing or via electronic means in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Teamwork – being a constructive team member, contributing practically to the success of the team.
- Leadership – being able to motivate and encourage others, while taking the lead.
- Initiative – ability to see opportunities, to set and achieve goals.
- Problem Solving – thinking things through in a logical way in order to determine key issues. Creative thinking is useful also.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – ability to handle change and adapt to new situations.
- Self-Awareness – knowing your strengths and skills and having the confidence to put these across.
- Commitment/Motivation – having energy and enthusiasm in pursuing projects.
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to relate well to others and to establish good working relationships.
- Numeracy – competence and understanding of numerical data, statistics and graphs.